With that, “what’s for lunch?” Question, this is a super simple solution, especially with cooked rice hanging about. I always refrigerate leftover rice for just such an occasion.
Last night the husband made a chicken curry. With 2 chickens. Sometimes getting him to cut down on meat seems nothing less than futile. However, he set aside about 3/4 cup of chicken meat, that he diced for lunch today.
Literally this whole meal took less than 10 minutes, and that included a trip to the garden, and taking photos.
3/4 cup chicken
1 cup cooked rice
3 small silver beet (chard) leaves
5 small chillies (he likes spicy food)
1/2 cm of ginger
2 spring onions
1/4 small red onion
Sweet chilli sauce
1. Head the oil and soy in a wok. When hot, throw in the chicken to cook.
2. Dice the onion and silver beet (chard) stalks and add to the wok when the chicken is cooked.
3. Dice the chillies and ginger, toss in the wok, and keep it stirring.
5. When the rice is coated in all the juices, throw in finely chopped silver beet (chard) leaves and coriander leaves.
6. Slice the spring onions and add to the wok.
7. Add salt, pepper and a little chilli sauce.
8. Serve and eat
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
One thought on “Chicken and Silver Beet Stir-fry Rice”
Thank you for linking up to #ShareTheLoveBlogHop. Now following you via GFC
Natasha @ Serenity You