Well, my dishwasher died on Boxing Day, so I have been doing holiday dishes by hand for over a week. So it was time to knit dishcloths. This is a super simple, yet highly effective basic dishcloth that knits up quickly. I know it would make a great small handmade gift.
You will need:
40gm cotton dk yarn
Cast on 40 stitches.
1. Knit 2, purl 2, repeat to end
2. Purl 2, knit 2, repeat to end
3. Purl 2, knit 2, repeat to end
4. Knit 2, purl 2, repeat to end
Complete 51 rows using the pattern above. On the 52nd row, cast off, keeping the pattern of the row.
Crochet the tails into a loop (I hang this to dry off the tap in my kitchen).
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad