Now this is a sort of a joy to knit- if you enjoy working in the round.
You will need:
- Fluffy green yarn
- 4mm double pointed needles (4 of them)
- Stuffing or a polystyrene cone
- Darning needle
- Optional: Light up Christmas Necklace, knitted tinsel from yesterday, mini decorations
Cast on 3 stitches, and spread them over the 3 needles.
1. Knit 1 round.
2. Knit 1 front and back on all stitches (2 stitches on all needles)
3. Knit 1 round
4. Knit 1 front and back, knit to end of the needle. Repeat on all needles.
5. Knit 1 round
6. Knit 1 front and back, knit to end of the needle. Repeat on all needles.
Repeat rows 5 and 6 until you have 7 stitches on each needle (21 in total)
A. Knit 1 row
B. Knit 1 row
C. Knit 1 front and back, knit to end of the needle. Repeat on all needles.
Repeat rows A and B until you have 11 stitches on each needle. (33 in total)
D. Knit 1 row
Knit rows A, B, C, and D until you have the height of tree you want. I stretched mine over a polystrene cone, and then cut the yarn, threaded it through all the remaining stitches and pulled tight, stitching in place to hold it there. You could also stuff your cone and insert a cardboard circle the size of the base of your tree and do the same.
Decorate as you wish. This tree now sits on the desk of my boss.
2 thoughts on “12 Days of Christmas 2017 – Day 3 – Knitted Mini Christmas Tree”
Pingback: The 12 Days of Christmas Knits – Complete Directory | The Knit Guru
Pingback: All the Christmas Projects | The Knit Guru