With Christmas just around the corner, you may well now be aware of kids or teens that you still haven’t sorted out something for. Here is my sure-fire hits for teens and children that don’t take long to make or much yarn.
Fantastic Beasts released the second film in the series, “The Crimes of Grindelwald”. A fast project to make is this Bowtruckle, who is made with a very small amount of yarn but a little bit of fiddly sewing up. The Niffler is a cute and simple knit, it will use more yarn, but has very easy sewing up.
Or this Star Wars Porg. You could knit a few of these in a day.
For a simple, cute and free pattern, and the new Pokemon games all over the internet, check out these Luvdisc pokemon. You can easily make a whole family of them in an afternoon. Or this brand new Pokemon, Meltan.
Making something practical to wear is also a great idea, particularly if you are in a colder climate. These hats can all be completed within a day, or an evening if you are a speedy knitter. These are also a hit with kids and teens.
- Mimikyu hat
- Ponytail hat
- Tardis hat (Doctor Who- watch this space for a New Years special release hat)
- Drifloon Pokemon hat
- Gilmore Girls Hat
- Very popular with the teen set – Riverdale Jughead Jones Beanie
- These booties for the very young or babies (or expectant mothers)
- This Lorax hat for kids who are just starting to read.
- Any of these minion items…. because minions….
- For smaller kids, this super cute Fox Hat
- If you knit quickly, maybe this Fox Scarf